Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
COVID-19 Update: Fairfax County government facilities closed to public
As reported by Board of Supervisors Chairman, Jeffrey C. McKay, starting Friday, March 27, at 5 pm, Fairfax County will close all government buildings and facilities to the public, until further notice. The County government remains open for business online, via phone, and by mail. A full list of services that can be done online and by phone is here. This action was needed to protect County employees who continue to work to ensure services for the community.
Federation Inclement Weather Policy
Next Federation Membership Meeting
Thursday, 27 May 2021, 7:30 PM
As always, Federation meetings are open to the public — bring an interested neighbor or another officer from your association.
Note that this meeting is the fourth Thursday rather than the third Thursday
- We will be voting on:
- The Nominating Committee recommended slate of candidates for election as Federation Officers for the 2021-2022 term.
Consideration of the proposed FY 2021-22 Federation Budget
Topic: PFAS in Fairfax County drinking water
Speakers: Fairfax Water & Environmental Working Group
This meeting will be held virtually. Dial-in and Login information is provided in the Agenda which will be posted the day of the meeting
Members' Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Opening for Summer Interns to Update the Federation's Websites/Database and/or increase our social media presence
The Fairfax Federation would like to redesign its membership database and website. If you know students with the ability to help us with this effort and who would like to volunteer as an intern over the summer months, please have them contact the Federation Webmaster. Responses by 30 June would be appreciated. You are encourage to forward this request to those who you think are qualified and interested.
The database structure redesign would entail organizing the membership records by organization with attributes assignable to membership organizations, individual representatives of the member organizations, and financial reports of yearly membership activity.
The website structure redesign would entail refreshing our current site with the aim of organizing the data therein contained so that it is more logically presented and easily maintained.
Increasing our social media presence would involve coordinating the Federation presence on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.
Intern applicants should submit examples of their current efforts.
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 25 February — Virtual (This is the fourth Thursday versus our usual third Thursday) — School & County Proposed Budget presentation by FCPS and County staff
- 25 March — Virtual (This is the fourth Thursday versus our usual third Thursday)
- 15 April — Virtual
- 18 February — Virtual (This is the third Thursday versus our usual fourth Thursday)
- 18 March — Virtual (This is the third Thursday versus our usual fourth Thursday)
Recent Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- On 5 Oct 2020 the Education Committee sent a letter to the FCPS regarding significant changes to the admissions process for the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology
- On 12 May 2020 Nancy Trainer spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the revised FY 2021 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Education Committee
- On 27 January 2020 Nancy Trainer spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the Proposed FY 2021 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Board
- On 20 December 2019 the Federation passed a Resolution regarding Fairfax County Public Schools Strategic Plan
- On 29 January 2018 Nancy Trainer spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the Proposed FY 2019 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Board
- On 30 January 2017 Nancy Trainer spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the Proposed FY 2018 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Board
- On 28 January 2016 Ed Saperstein spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the Proposed FY 2017 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Education Committee
- The membership approved a Resolution on Advanced Academic Program on 17 Sep 2015
- Letter to FCPS Board on the Fairfax County Public Schools Long Range Strategic Plan (26 Jan 15 )
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the preliminary FCPS FY16 Budget (19 Jan 15 )
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7 Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Input to VDOT on the proposed I-66 Inside Beltway Multi-Modal Improvements (30 Jun 2015)
- Testimony on the I-66 Outside Beltway Environment Impact Statement (28 May 2015)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |