Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
COVID-19 Update: Fairfax County government facilities closed to public
As reported by Board of Supervisors Chairman, Jeffrey C. McKay, starting Friday, March 27, at 5 pm, Fairfax County will close all government buildings and facilities to the public, until further notice. The County government remains open for business online, via phone, and by mail. A full list of services that can be done online and by phone is here. This action was needed to protect County employees who continue to work to ensure services for the community.
Opening for Summer Interns to Update the Federation's Websites/Database and/or increase our social media presence
The Fairfax Federation would like to redesign its membership database and website. If you know students with the ability to help us with this effort and who would like to volunteer as an intern over the summer months, please have them contact the Federation Webmaster. Responses by 30 June would be appreciated. You are encourage to forward this request to those who you think are qualified and interested.
The database structure redesign would entail organizing the membership records by organization with attributes assignable to membership organizations, individual representatives of the member organizations, and financial reports of yearly membership activity.
The website structure redesign would entail refreshing our current site with the aim of organizing the data therein contained so that it is more logically presented and easily maintained.
Increasing our social media presence would involve coordinating the Federation presence on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.
Intern applicants should submit examples of their current efforts.
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 21 May — Held Virtually
- 18 June — Held Virtually – the State of Fairfax
- July and August — No Summer meetings
- 17 September — TBD
- 28 May — Held Virtually
- 25 June — Held Virtually
- 23 July — TBD
Recent Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- Input to VDOT on the proposed I-66 Inside Beltway Multi-Modal Improvements (30 Jun 2015)
- Testimony on the I-66 Outside Beltway Environment Impact Statement (28 May 2015)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |