Welcome to the Fairfax County (VA) Federation. We are THE
Association for the County's Homeowner, Civic, and Community
organizations. Join us as we work together on issues that impact all
Fairfax County residents.
Federation Inclement Weather Policy
Next Federation Membership Meeting
Thursday, 21 February 2019, 7:30 PM
As always, Federation meetings are open to the public - bring an interested neighbor or another officer in your association.
Program: The Advertised Fairfax County & Public Schools FY 2020 Budgets
Gatehouse Administration Center, Room 1600
8115 Gatehouse Road, Falls Church, VA 22042
Note: The Gatehouse garage is located on the east side of the building, and entry closes at 8 p.m. Anyone arriving after that time will need to call someone at the meeting to be let in at the front door on the west side of the building.
Members' Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Previous Month's Draft Member Meeting Minutes for Approval
Next Federation Board Meeting
Thursday, 28 February 2019, at 7:30 p.m.
9002 Burke Lake Road, Burke, VA 22015
Dunn Loring Center, Room 108 (Entrance 2)
2334 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Draft minutes of previous Board meeting
Board Agenda (posted week of meeting)
Search this site!
Cut and paste this string into Google with your search words:
for example: "inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org BRAC"
"inurl:www.fairfaxfederation.org Dulles Rail"
The Federation in the Media
Check out references to the Federation in the local media!
- 21 February - Enforcement of Short Term Lodging (AirBnB and its ilk) regulations - Braddock Hall
- 28 March - 2020 Fairfax County and Public Schools Budgets
- 18 April - TBD
- 28 February - West Springfield Government Center
- 21 March - 2020 Fairfax County and Public Schools Budgets
- 25 April - TBD
Approved Federation Actions
- Citizen Association Services
- The Federation collaborated with the County in putting on a Open Forum the Commonwealth's Association Complaint Procedure requirements at the County Government Center. (31 July 2012)
- On 29 January 2018 Nancy Trainer spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the Proposed FY 2019 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Board
- On 30 January 2017 Nancy Trainer spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the Proposed FY 2018 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Board
- On 28 January 2016 Ed Saperstein spoke to the Fairfax County School Board on the Proposed FY 2017 FCPS School Budget on behalf of the Education Committee
- The membership approved a Resolution on Advanced Academic Program on 17 Sep 2015
- Letter to FCPS Board on the Fairfax County Public Schools Long Range Strategic Plan (26 Jan 15 )
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the preliminary FCPS FY16 Budget (19 Jan 15 )
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Education Committee (15 May 2012)
- Verbal testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendents Proposed FCPS FY13 Budget speaking for the Federation's Executive Committee (30 Jan 2012)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Advertised FCPS FY12 Budget (17 May 11)
- Testimony to FCPS Board on the Superintendent's Proposed FCPS FY12 Budget (24 Jan 11)
- Letter to Governor McDonnell
to urge that the Local Composite Index (LCI) for the distribution of funds to the state's school districts be recalculated this year according to the normal two-year schedule, and not delayed by a year (7 Feb 10) (formal version as transmitted)
- Testimony to FCPS Board FY08 Budget (01/29/07)
- Provided testimony on the FCPS Superintendents' Proposed 2010 Budget, Verbal and Written
- Input to VDOT on the proposed I-66 Inside Beltway Multi-Modal Improvements (30 Jun 2015)
- Testimony on the I-66 Outside Beltway Environment Impact Statement (28 May 2015)
- Resolution asking for funding of Phase 2 study of transportation along the Route 1 corridor (20 Nov 2014)
- Resolution supporting the 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (16 Oct 2014)
- Letter to the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority on Transaction 2040 (28 April 2011)
Around the County
Flint Webb, Environment Comm. Chair, recognized for his service on the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee, Technical Advisory Committee from 2005-2008
Inside Scoop-VA Tyson's Corner Task Force Video former Federation President John Jennison and Fairfax Chamber of Commerce President Bill Lecos
presentation to the Federation by Dr. Richard Moniuszko, Deputy
Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, and Deirdre McLaughlin,
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Services: (Slides) (Slides with Notes)
Environment Quality Advisory Council (EQAC) Reports |